Greek Salad Recipe
July 31, 2020
Contrary to what you may have experienced at American Greek restaurants, traditional Greek salads, also called called Village Salads, do not include lettuce. This concoction of farm-fresh produce glazed with our homemade Greek vinaigrette dressing, featuring our My Greek Orchard cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil, is the perfect summery bright bite. Serve it with grilled chicken or soup or by itself for a light lunch. Bring it to any dinner party, and you'll be the talk of the table!
Active Prep Time: 20 minutes
The salad will need to rest for 30 minutes prior to serving.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 diced bell peppers of your choice (red, yellow, or green)
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch slices, unpeeled and seeded
Tip: To seed the cucumber, cut it in half long-ways and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 pound feta cheese diced into 1/2 inch chunks or crumbled
- 1/2 cup olives (We recommend pitted Kalamata olives)
Fun Fact: Kalamata olives, like the Athenoelia and Koroneiki olives used in our Greek olive oil, are hand-picked to avoid bruising.
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup My Greek Orchard extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
After slicing the vegetables, place them all in a large serving bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. As you whisk, slowly add the olive oil. Pour the finished vinaigrette over the sliced vegetables. Add the feta and olives and use two large spoons to toss the vegetables until there is any even coating of the vinaigrette on the salad. Allow the salad to sit for half an hour, then share with your friends and family!