Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
August 13, 2020
Recipe by Eleni Pappas Zerbakou
The key to the perfect spaghetti? The secret's in the sauce! This simple, family spaghetti sauce recipe will bring your pasta dishes to life with a vibrant combination of fresh produce and a careful blend of warm spices. Ditch the store-bought stuff and give this homemade recipe a try!
1 hour 30 minutes (including time to cook pasta)
1 Small/medium chopped onion
3-4 medium sizes cloves of fresh garlic chopped
1 coffee cup of My Greek Orchard olive oil
3 medium ripe tomatoes
1 teaspoon chicken base
Small amount of salt & black pepper
1 teaspoon white sugar
Small amount of cinnamon
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 stem of fresh sweet basil
1⁄2 Bell pepper sliced in wedges
5-6 ounces cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- Place chopped onion, garlic and Greek olive oil in a pot and cool slowly for about 20 minutes.
- Place 3 tomatoes in a blender or food processor and blend.
- Place blended tomatoes in the pot with the onions and garlic.
- Add Chicken base, salt, pepper, sugar, little cinnamon, and chopped parsley.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Then add a stem of fresh basil, the pepper wedges, and cherry tomatoes to the pot.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove the sweet basil stem and the sauce is ready to pour over cooked pasta.