Stuffed Peppers and Tomatoes Recipe
August 12, 2020
Recipe by Elani Pappas Zerbakou
This recipe comes to you from our very own family kitchen. We are firm believers in letting the ingredients speak for themselves. Just like our extra virgin olive oil, this stuffed peppers and tomatoes dish celebrates the simplistic goodness of fresh ingredients in their purest form.
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 4-5 Medium cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 cup of My Greek Orchard olive oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 1 Soup spoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 Soup spoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 Large fresh ripe tomatoes
- 6 large fresh bell peppers
- 12 Full soup spoons of rice
- 16 ounces of water
- 3 lbs. Potatoes cut into wedges
- Saute chopped onion & garlic with 1⁄2 cup Greek olive oil.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes & peppers (save them) and remove the inside of the tomatoes with a spoon,
- Place the insides of the tomatoes and peppers in a blender or food processor and blend.
- Add the blended mixture to the pot with the onions.
- Add to pot: salt, pepper, oregano, mint, chicken base, & parsley.
- Add one soup spoon of rice for each tomato & pepper (12). Mix well and cut the stove off.
- Mix and place the mixture in the tomatoes & peppers until they are 3⁄4 full (will swell).
- Place stuffed tomatoes & peppers in a baking oven with their caps on.
- Place cut potatoes in a bowl, pour lemon juice, Greek olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, and blended tomatoes for color. Then place them in the pan with peppers and tomatoes.
- Cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 325F.